VMware {code} Community
wizardnjau
Contributor
Contributor

The vDC associated with this vApp does not have the required network resources to start this vApp.

I have created orgnizations, vDCs and vApps, also the networks etc.

When I try to start VM by vCloud director, it gives me this tip below.

' The vDC associated with this vApp does not have the required network resources to start this vApp. '

What can I do to make sure that the vDC have the required network to start VM?

regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LVSCLOUD
Contributor
Contributor

The first thing I would check is if the vApp actually has a network configured. If it does, What type of network is it(vApp network, or Org Network)? What in the org is the network bound to? What Type of network is that(routed or directly connected)? What is it bound to?

wizardnjau
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked all these and found something wrong.

I cleared all the things I built and recreated all these and the problem is  missing, but it is not OK, another error occured.

"The Windows Sysprep deployment package is missing files for certain versions of Windows. Contact your cloud administrator. The following VMs cannot be started: "vApp-webserver-88.25'".
"

Do you know what this means?

regards

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You have to install sysprep.

Refer to this article for more information: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102631...

wizardnjau
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I see the article and install the sysprep, but another error occured.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to start vApp "vApp_904".
- Unable to start virtual machines in resource pool "OvDC-904 (94727117-64d3-480e-ba1a-d252919940ed)".
- Failed to start VM vApp-webserver-147: could not locate an enabled host connected to all required networks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regards

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

What I would check is the network configuration starting from the VMs inside the vApp.

Check the properties - hardware of each VM inside the vApp to see which network it is attached to. Next find this network (it will probably be organization network) and see which external network it is connected to. Then you can log into the VC and verify that the vSphere network is OK - for example all hosts that are backing it are up and running.

0 Kudos