VMware Cloud Community
samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Answer Questions Keep Looping Back

Hi

I was attempting to clone a vmdk using vmksftools -i and it failed. The problem I am running into now is the VM wants me to answer a question

You do not have write access to a partition ....

Allow

Allow All

Deny

Deny All

I want to back out of this operation. When I select Deny, it asks another question

Selecting Deny or Deny All will return a fatal disk error to the boot program. Do you want to continue?

I select Yes because this is only a test VM and I would like to delete it.

However after answering the question, it starts back over and I have to answer the question again. It seems to never stick. I can't get out of the loop to delete the VM. What are my options?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
larstr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

samcatoe,

The vmdk file seems to be locked. The easy solution to this is to reboot the host used for these tasks. The harder way is to identify the process that has the lock and kill it.

Lars

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
larstr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

samcatoe,

The vmdk file seems to be locked. The easy solution to this is to reboot the host used for these tasks. The harder way is to identify the process that has the lock and kill it.

Lars

0 Kudos
samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a bunch Lars! I was not able to find the answer to this anywhere online. After rebooting the VM no longer had a question to answer and I was able to delete it. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos