VMware Cloud Community
geoffpetersUS
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot connect to vSphere Web Client

Hello,

After being out of the office most of the previous year I cannot connect to the vSphere Web Client. I can successfully connect vie the vSphere client.

My network topology has not changed.

This is what I see when I try to connect

A server error occurred.
[500] SSO error: Cannot connect to the VMware Component Manager...(URL of server)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Geoff

Moderator edit by wila: Moved post from Technical Community Resources to the vSphere discussions area.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
If you are using the vshere client then your version would be 5.X or 6.0.
The access with the Web client (Flash) in the indicated versions depends on the browser and the Adobe Flash Plugin. If these have been updated it is very likely that you can no longer access.
Another option is to restart the VMware if possible and try again to connect from the browser.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
geoffpetersUS
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried 5 different browsers and they all fail to connect with the same error.

Each browser reports an issue with the certificate.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello
More details are required such as version and build of the ESXi Host. If you have a vCenter Server, version and build are also required.

Is your vcenter server physical or virtual?

Can you connect to the vCenter Server and the ESXi Host with the vSphere client?

Can you connect to the ESXi Host with the vSphere Web Client ?

You cannot connect to the vcenter server with the vSphere Web Client ?

In versions 6.5 and 6.7 we have 2 clients to connect to the vcenter server or ESXi Host:
vSphere web client (Adobe Flash)
vSphere client (HTML5)

https://ip_address/ui    access with vSphere web client (Adobe Flash)

https://ip_address/vsphere-client  access with vSphere cliente (HTML5)

Which of the two ways do you connect ?

There is some confusion because of the similar names VMware used for its different connection clients in the different versions of VMware.

Personally I use the following combination, but only to manage VMware, to surf the internet I use a more current browser.

Firefox ESR 38.8 (32bits)

Adobe Flash player 29.0.0.113

Both the browser and the flash player must be configured so that they are never updated.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos