VMware Cloud Community
Olivia2020
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to monitor VMware Raid's Health

Below is info. of our environment, could anyone suggest how to check the host Raid's health? The server is about 6 years old. We would like to take proactive action to have regular disks/Raid monitoring before it fails.

Server's model: HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8

VMware version: 5.5

Vcenter version: 5.5

Number of VMs: 2 (Windows server)

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Reboot is not required. In addition, You can download the package via the below link from HPE website, There is also an installation instruction tab which you can use.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-7db2aad1019644c2afb3e0f34f

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you have customized version of ESXi installed, try hpssacli (or hpacucli):

if you have not customized version installed, you can find the package and install hpssacli (or hpacucli)

For example: /opt/hp/hpssacli/bin/hpssacli ctrl slot=0 ld all show status

besides that using iLO could be useful too.

0 Kudos
Olivia2020
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is downtime required with hpssacli package installation? Do you have the installation instruction? Thank you.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

No. There is no need for any downtime operation for monitoring purposes via the hpssacli. However, if you want to modify each of your host's arrays it's recommended to remove any I/O from that volume ...

In the following link, you can read how to work with the hpssacli:

Add new disks to the datastore while the host is run

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Reboot is not required. In addition, You can download the package via the below link from HPE website, There is also an installation instruction tab which you can use.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-7db2aad1019644c2afb3e0f34f

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Olivia2020
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. It works for me!

0 Kudos