VMware Cloud Community
AC6300
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No Advanced option in vmotion 'Select Storage' page.

I have about 10 VMs, each with 3 virtual disks.  I need to move the 3rd disk to another higher performance datastore.  According to this KB https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VI-VMware-ESXi-3-5-Discussions/Migrate-one-HDD-to-different-Storag..., I can select individual disk to migrate.  However, I cannot find this 'Advanced' option on the 'Select Storage' page. 

AC6300_0-1694541189569.png

I am using vsphere 7.0u3.  I had done vmotion before and verified vmotion is enabled on all ESX hosts and I have Administrator permission. 
Appreciate any help.  Thank you. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kastlr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

in theory it should work like this.

• Right click on the VM entry in vCenter and select Migrate
  • select "Change storage only"
  • select "Configure per Disk" (1.)
  • The wizard should offer you the list of VM objects (configuration file/folder and vmdks) and you should be able to select as needed. (2.)
  • Now press "Configure"  (3.) to get a list of datastores and choose that one that should host the vmdk..

kastlr_0-1694549751974.png

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kastlr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

in theory it should work like this.

• Right click on the VM entry in vCenter and select Migrate
  • select "Change storage only"
  • select "Configure per Disk" (1.)
  • The wizard should offer you the list of VM objects (configuration file/folder and vmdks) and you should be able to select as needed. (2.)
  • Now press "Configure"  (3.) to get a list of datastores and choose that one that should host the vmdk..

kastlr_0-1694549751974.png

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)
AC6300
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Before I post this question, I did select 'configure per disk' option but did not notice configure option becomes available after I select the disk to migrate.  Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos