VMware Cloud Community
tropix
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

1 vCPU x 2 vCPU

Hi all.

I have an IBM 2-socket Quad-Core (2.66GHz). I was thinking about have one or two vCPU on a virtual machine. So, is the same thing have 1vCPU (2.66Ghz) than 2vCPU (limited in 1.33Gh)?

When I limit 2vCPU in 1.33Ghz I will have 1.33Ghz per vCPU or 665Mhz per vCPU?

Cheers,

Eduardo.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

first let me say my recommendation is start with a single vCPU - it is easier for the vmkernel to schedule a single vcpu vs a dual vcpu - now to your questions -

1) no a single vcpu is not the same thing as a dual vcpu (see above)

2) limiting the VM dual vcpu to 1.33 does mean eaach vcpu will have a limit of 665

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

first let me say my recommendation is start with a single vCPU - it is easier for the vmkernel to schedule a single vcpu vs a dual vcpu - now to your questions -

1) no a single vcpu is not the same thing as a dual vcpu (see above)

2) limiting the VM dual vcpu to 1.33 does mean eaach vcpu will have a limit of 665

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful