VMware Cloud Community
hhuerta
Contributor
Contributor

Destination host unrecheable

My apologies for not replying the latter case, I am now having the same problem, a VM that does not communicate with the world, It is connected to a switch where other virtual machines runs without problem. I removed the VMware tools, I assigned and removes network cards and nothing, then I reversed a previous snapshoot and it works but this doesn't contain an application that was installed a month ago. Someone told me that antivirus can erase files like *.osx, could this be?

Please somebody help me

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Check your switch and make sure it has enough ports available to service your vm. Are you getting an error when you try and connect to your network? AntiVirus can be configured to automatically "clean" a number of files, not sure of your specific case though.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
hhuerta
Contributor
Contributor

Do you mean virtual switch?, I don't believe that is the problem since it is being used for just two machines. The error occurs with the machine switched on.
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Does your NIC in your problem vm show a link connected?

-KjB

0 Kudos
hhuerta
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but it does not receive or send packages
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Just to make sure, are you running IPSEC services in your vm? If so, install and run netmon in your vm and see if you're able to see any traffic.

0 Kudos