VMware Cloud Community
rhodge1995
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi build 208167 - DCPROMO Server 2008 issues

Having a couple of issues when trying to promote a server to DC, get a message saying that DNS failed to install with an error of 0x80070643. This happens intermittently on different hosts, sometimes they install correctly other time no. Anybody seen this issue?

Another issue happens when after creating a VM and before DCPROMO I run SYSPREP to caputure an "image". After I deployed the image and started the VM and let it "build" I get an issue with certificates. I generate a PKI request and send it to the CA, when I get the certificate back and install it does not "link" to the private key. I do not have this issue with a server that is not SYSPREPed. Has anyone come across this issue as well?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Moved to the Virtual Machine and Guest OS forum.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

Now available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL.

0 Kudos
rhodge1995
Contributor
Contributor

We were changing the default RPC ports in our base image before doing DCPROMO to a smaller range and outside of Server 2008's default range. Changed the RPC range to the default start (49152) but used a reduced subset of the full range. DNS would now install properly.

0 Kudos