VMware Cloud Community
Gaprofitt
Contributor
Contributor

Taking VCP Exam tommorow, final thoughts.

Hi All,

I am taking the VCP Exam tommorow, I have studies my course work and well as some hands on experience configuring an ISCSI san and installing 2 servers at work. I tried to testking practice exam and it seems very very hard, can anyone compare this practice test to the exam? Any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Greg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EkilErif
Contributor
Contributor

Testkings in my experience are usually very very close to what the actual exam would be like!

Let us know how you got on please!

0 Kudos
derekn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would be interested in also finding out what else I am missing in my studies. I am running 3 esx attached to a san for several months, took the VI3 class. Read a lot of documentation to study. Are the test kings worth the $40 to get just to make sure? just curious.

-go easy
0 Kudos
Gaprofitt
Contributor
Contributor

I passed today with an 81, I was surprised I got an 81, I thought I did much better than that. Whats included in the kit they mail you?

0 Kudos
Preetam_Zare
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm about to give VCP on 23 rd, could you please brief your experience. Also topics needs to covered. Till now I've read basic administration guide, resource administration guide and system administration guide. Along with training material. Do you think anything more i need to add.

- Preetam Zare
0 Kudos
derekn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would definately go over the course materials from VI3 install & configure. That helped a lot. Also follow the study guideline from the certification page.

-go easy
0 Kudos
Ripley8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Also go through the licencing info, iSCSI config and SAN config. Make sure you know permissions inside out as well. The config maximums document is a good thing too, but it does have a couple of contradictions in it, max iSCSI luns and max hosts in a DRS cluster. The maximums documents quote 256 and 32 respectively whereaa specific documentation quotes 254 and 16 (allegedly the right figures).

The test king stuff has some horrible inaccuracies in it (max VMFS volume size? 9TB, fergoshsakes)

0 Kudos