VMware Workspace ONE Community
VincentBrunet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Android custom attributes lookup value

Dear all, I'm using Android Samsung tablet. I change the friendly name and I use customs attributes. If I'm clicking ' Sync device'  in the Hub app, I see the change in the console after doing a refresh (F5). But this is the only way to force it.
This will not change by itself, or even by a ' Sync device'  in the device's page in the console.
Any idea of any setting to force it. Why both ' Sync device'  are not the same. Can find anything on that ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I experience a similar issue with my BYOD/COPE Android devices from time to time, and we are using AWCM. Per WS1 support, switching to FCM would ensure more reliable communication and sampling collected from devices. I already plan on moving over in 2020. Otherwise, the workaround is to have users press 'Sync Device' from within the Hub app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you using AWCM or FCM (GCM)?
0 Kudos
VincentBrunet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm using AWCM.
I always taping on Sync Device on the tablets but I have others one that were enrolled not by me and the issue occur.
Yesterday, I have enrolled tablets without taping on the Sync Device and this morning the Friendly name is there.
I'm wondering what are they doing on there side ?!?!?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I experience a similar issue with my BYOD/COPE Android devices from time to time, and we are using AWCM. Per WS1 support, switching to FCM would ensure more reliable communication and sampling collected from devices. I already plan on moving over in 2020. Otherwise, the workaround is to have users press 'Sync Device' from within the Hub app.

0 Kudos
VincentBrunet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Thomas. Very appreciate.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You are quite welcome, and Happy Thanksgiving!
0 Kudos
VincentBrunet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Our has occur weeks ago (Canada). 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving to you !
0 Kudos