VMware Workspace ONE Community
PKRay
Contributor
Contributor

Cloud Connector Service set to delay, not starting after server restart

We are running in a Saas environment, with on-prem connector, SEG and tunnel servers.
All our on-prem servers are running Windows server 2012 R2, and are patched once a month.
I have found that the Cloud Connector service and Diagnostics Service do not start after the patches are installed and server restarted.
They are currently set to 'Automatic (Delayed)'.
Event log shows Windows error 7009, ' A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the AirWatch Cloud Connector service to connect.'  and error 7000 ' The AirWatch Cloud Connector service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.'

I've seen some information regarding this SCM error, indicating the fix is to edit the registry and change the timeout to 60000 ms.
Anyone else having this problem? Do anything different to fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RADP
Contributor
Contributor

We had this issue way back when the servers was migrated to 2012 R2. Changed the timeout threashold to a bit larger and that fixed the issue for us. Not sure but i don't think there is any other way to fix it. May be so that this was fixed in a later release of airwatch. I saw the problem on Airwatch version 8.(something). So it was a while ago.
0 Kudos