VMware Workspace ONE Community
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Compatibility patch for upcoming Apple devices

I thought in the past you can almost always enroll the latest release of Apple devices even if you have not upgraded your AirWatch or Workspace ONE to a newer version. Am I correct?

If so, the upcoming ones must have something different that requires such compatibility patch to be installed first prior to enrollment.

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360009077393

Labels (1)
122 Replies
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that full process, I was hoping for less intrusion during 'little patches' - oh well. Agreed on speed of little patches.
We moved to improve the User experience during new Device and iOS releases... MI was always behind, one time by four months after iOS 8 broke the secure browser. The main comments after our AirWatch migration were 'smoothest migration ever'. 2,000 devices over a month as we treaded lightly and polished our Docs, then 9,000 devices in 3 weeks. 11,000 devices with 120 complaints. AWESOME!
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wow, you run a big shop. Curious to know how many sites/servers you have in your environment. I have 2 in active/passive mode and I plan on moving them to the same subnet so we can have active/active set up.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

And I'm a bit surprised by your comment on MI as they are second to AirWatch in the marketplace.
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

Lets take this conversation off of here. Didn't intend to deviate from purpose of thread. See your WordPress for new Invite.
0 Kudos
JamieAndersonJa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

has anyone on 9.2.3.x successfully applied the .27 or .28 patch yet? if so, what patch version were you already on? our Dev environment is still dead in the water. Majotiry of the application services are failing with this error.... Error AirWatch.Security.CodeSigning  Unable to retrieve publisher or publisher not trusted. Assembly: WanderingWiFi.AirWatch.BusinessImpl, Version=9.2.3.28, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
0 Kudos
jasonrothstein
Contributor
Contributor

I was on 9.5.0 and applied the compatibility patch and seed scripts, so now 9.5.0.17, but IOS 12 devices still fail enrollment at the Workspace One profile install with ' invalid profile' .  Devices already enrolled upgraded to 12 work fine.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jason, are you getting ' invalid profile'  when enrolling the newly announced devices only? Or that error applies to devices such as iPhone 8 with iOS 12 installed?
0 Kudos
jasonrothstein
Contributor
Contributor

I have not yet had a scenario where a user with an older iphone has upgraded to 12 yet wasn't already enrolled. All the incidents so far are new Iphones pre-loaded with 12 failing to enroll.  As mentioned, older Iphones already enrolled continue to work after being upgraded to 12.
0 Kudos
jasonrothstein
Contributor
Contributor

Seeing this in the event log.  Guess the patch didn't fix the UUID issue.
Identity:notauth::
Module:WanderingWiFi.AirWatch.DeviceServices.Enrollment.Handlers.DeviceMdmConfigurationHandler.ProcessRequest
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jason to be clear were the device that were failing to enroll the iPhone Xs, Xs max, or iPhone Xr?
0 Kudos
jasonrothstein
Contributor
Contributor

Iphone XS
0 Kudos
SHAUNCHAN
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting for both XS and XR.

0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Shaun, what's your console version?
0 Kudos
SHAUNCHAN
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas

old... I'm going to engage my rep to see what options i have to upgrade. (9.0.3.0)

so far i've tried ios 12 iphon 6 s +, no problem at all. I can try my 7+ when i get home tonight if  required.

0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've heard others are running even older version like 8.3.
In your case, I suggest moving to the latest version (i.e. 9.6) with the latest patch. Until then, I wouldn't count on enrolling any newly announced iPhone.
0 Kudos
SHAUNCHAN
Contributor
Contributor

yeh sounds like that's my only option.
0 Kudos
jasonrothstein
Contributor
Contributor

So does Airwatch have a statement regarding this?  Need to know what to tell users on ETA for getting their devices enrolled, and depending on said ETA, warning them not to buy a new phone until given the all clear.
0 Kudos
MICHAELNICKELS
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone successfully installed the patch? We are on 9.4.0.10 and plan on patching our QA later this week, but it sounds like the patch may not work?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We hope to secure the XS soon for testing as we already upgraded our QA to 9.6 with the latest patch.
0 Kudos
BrianAbbottBria
Contributor
Contributor

Can you keep us posted J a.? I am on 9.2.3.0 and I'm worried to install the patch since you said your dev server is dead in the water.
0 Kudos