VMware Workspace ONE Community
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hub icon unerolled device

I have a supervised device and in the hub clicked Unenroll Device. Now on the DEP device I get the message Lost Iphone You have reached maxiumum number of failed attempts on your App passcode. Please contact your administrator to recover. I only get the emergency button to make calls.
I tried to do a device wipe from the console but nothing. How do I do a factory wipe on this or turn off the Lost iphone. I still see the device on the console.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Use Recovery Mode to erase the device.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is a bug. The device has lost mode enabled now. Go into the console and disable lost mode. Airwatch has known about this bug for a along time and hasn’t fixed it. If you leave the option to unenroll on for a DEP device and the user taps it, lost mode gets enabled automatically.
0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks guys I got the iphone back with the recovery mode.
That's a major bug if someone goes into the Intelligent Hub and by accident click unenroll device causes all this problem. I checked my devices under more action admin.
I see enable lost mode. How do I turn off this lost mode feature so this won't happen again.  Does any have url explain what exactly is this lost mode so I can get some reference if I really need it or not
0 Kudos