VMware Workspace ONE Community
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Web thru Proxy - Missing Profiles

I am having an issue that all newly enrolled devices or existing devices that install the VMware web now are getting an error after install and launching saying ' Unable to initialize due to missing profiles' .  Anyone know what this is from?  I know there is an com.air-watch.secure.browser ' install Profile'  command queued but I see those all the time.  Definitely hope it's not a waiting game as that wouldn't fly for my users.

Thanks. 

Steve
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Kozlenkos
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem with Web 7.8 iOS. Previous version works fine.

0 Kudos
StevenLEMILLIER
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Web 7.8. UEM 9.4.0.35. RedHat Tunnel 1.11.4.

With or without Proxy enabled. With or without Per-App VPN enabled.

0 Kudos
Kozlenkos
Contributor
Contributor

if you just update Web to 7.8 - it works.
but newly installed have this problem.
0 Kudos
Justin_Vermeij
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this case?
0 Kudos
StevenLEMILLIER
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the support answer :

' We already identified this issue and our product team is working on it. As per their update, this issue persists only on UEM 1904 and below versions. We will keep you posted further updates, if any recommendations will be provided against this issue and we truly appreciate your patience. '
0 Kudos
YoannLECORVIC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

having same here

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same here 1811.0.5
0 Kudos
MobileAndy
Contributor
Contributor

have the  same problem
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure if I should kiss someone or get mad. This issue came up right at the same time we fixed another issue with Web as well as renewed our APNs. Then the next day it all went bad. So thank you folks for confirming this is an issue outside of our control or our network's, but this is a big deal. We are literally in process of setting up users to pilot BYOD and this is going to be a really bad start.

So wonder if I upgrade to 1907 or whatever was put out there recently for on premise if it will magically fix itself?

Also I found this funny ' only on UEM 1904 and below versions' .  Wasn't 1903 the only version we could install up until the release of 1907 about a week or so ago?

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It says the issue occurs for consoles 1903 and earlier so upgrading to 1907 fixing it is decently likely.  They were indicating a new web app version would fix it and be out in one to two days, three days ago. 
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Of course depending on their relationship with Apple, any update in the App Store could take up to 7 days to get approved so who knows when.

Thanks.

Steve
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like there may be a 7.8.1 version at least thru the app store website. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/web-workspace-one/id525891468

Not showing in my console yet though but think that update only happens once a day.

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

They have now confirmed 7.8.1 should fix this https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360033763554-Introducing-Workspace-ONE-Web-7-8-1-for-iOS The console scans once a day but I downloaded it manually and it worked
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for testing Stephen.  Makes me feel better!!  I have a phone that is exhibiting this, want to have it update naturally thru WS1 when an update is available so I can see what it's going to do to our users.

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can kick off an install early by going into the catalog (or console) and telling it to install the app (that is already installed) which will give you a preview of what you will get when the system mass pushes the update
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Worked for me as well.  Interesting it asked me to accept the initial agreements which I do not think the last buggy version ever did before getting to the browser window and then erroring.  Oddly my dev WS1 environment showed the new version, the prod one did not.  I pushed an update to all devices and of course as Stephen mentioned it updated but odd.  Hopefully this sticks during my BYOD pilot phase.
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Think that support ticket needs to be opened again. I just enterprise wipes my phone and enrolled again. Went to the catalog and installed the Web. On launch it asked me to accept the agreements but then came up with the proxy error. After closing it and opening again it worked. One of my team had the same problem and we thought they were nuts.   One failure and our users will remove it.

Steve
0 Kudos
StevenLEMILLIER
Contributor
Contributor

Steven, what's the exact proxy error message you got ?
0 Kudos