VMware Workspace ONE Community
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Webclips on iOS 13 - White Page Problem

We are seeing a strange behavior with Webclips on iOS 13. When opening a Webclip for the first time, everything works as expected. But when opening the same Webclip again, only a white page appears. Sometimes the content comes up after around 30 seconds waiting, but not often.

Only thing that helps is closing the Webclip (not the Browser). It happens with Web (awbs://) and Google Chrome (googlechromes://). But not with Safari (https://).

Anyone else seeing this?

Labels (1)
20 Replies
somprova
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the exact same issue.
0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Right, thanks for the response. This is most likely a iOS 13 problem. Anyone out there NOT experiencing the same problem with Webclips on iOS 13?

Just to compare notes:
- We are on console version 19.02
- Devices are supervised
- Webclips are not precomposed but in Full Screen
0 Kudos
somprova
Contributor
Contributor

That's right. my console version is 19.8.0.2
0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iOS 13.2.3 is out. No change, come on Apple.
0 Kudos
hyper83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we have already opened and Apple case for the issue, I will update you with the answer.
0 Kudos
EmmetLynch
Contributor
Contributor

It appears as Apple is now enforcing this:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/webclip

URL
string
(Required) The URL that the web clip should open when clicked. If the URL doesn't begin with HTTP or HTTPS, it doesn't work.

Which might mean schemes are no longer supported for webclips
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With the webclip are you clicking the webclip again or going into the app with the app switcher since I found the app switcher produces the white screen but clicking the webclip does not, it will stay stuck at the white screen if you go through the app switcher you have to close the app ou
0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stephen, it's actually the other way around for me. Clicking again on the Webclip produces the white page but using the App Switcher allows us to open the browser directly. Only works if the page is still open.
0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Emmet, the strange thing is, that it works upon opening the webclip for the first time. I guess it would never work if Apple enforces the http(s) rule...
0 Kudos
EmmetLynch
Contributor
Contributor

I agree Jeoffrey, with Apple you never know... Has anyone submitted a bug with Apple?
0 Kudos
PSillance
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jeoffrey,

One thing we have implmented is using awbfs:// for the URL using Workspace One Web- Have you tried this?
0 Kudos
JamieAndersonJa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone tried creating the same webclip in iOS? If so, does it exhibit the same behavior as the managed webclip?
0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

P Sillance, no I'm not aware of awbfs://. Do you happen to know what the additional ' f'  stands for? Does this solve the problem for you?
0 Kudos
PSillance
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using awbfs:// for a while- I can't say we have experiecned the issue you report in the JL Partnership-

I believe the f Stands for full as in ' full screen' .
0 Kudos
hyper83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

The issue has been solved with the iOS 13.3 beta 3 version, also if you do not set the Fullscreen mode for the Webclips, then it is working with any 13.X version.

0 Kudos
JeoffreyBurri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

awbfs:// does not help. Same behavior, white page.

Norbert, thanks for the information. If we do not set the fullscreen flag, the webclip won't open at all...
0 Kudos
EmmetLynch
Contributor
Contributor

It appears Apple has fixed this issue in iPadOS and iOS 13.3 Beta 4 (17C5053a). I verified on latest beta and didn't see the white screen on second launch in webclip
0 Kudos
AlexanderVerbit
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, is enyone know any news about this problem?  Where did you find info that it was fixed in beta4 of 13.3 ? 
0 Kudos
DmitryGvozd
Contributor
Contributor

Hello !
We see this issue to, and this issue happens in iPadOS with iOS 13.3 (17C54).

Apple don't see problem in log from your problem device.
They want more logs from other devices, where issues are repeat.
0 Kudos