VMware Workspace ONE Community
LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wifi profile Installation Profile error on Android 13 devices

We have a few similar wifi profiles that works perfectly well on all devices we had, but the new Android 13 devices are having issues...

We have the error "Installation Failed". Reapplying it doesn't solves the issue and it fails again to install.

Its a WPA/WPA2 wifi, and as per the [ESC-38514] WPA2 Enterprise WiFi Profiles fail to install on Android 11+ devices (92679) (vmware.com... we should add the domain. We did it, but the error persists. The same profile, with the domain added, works fine on Android 11 and 8 devices.

Any ideas gentlemen?

Always learning
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just to finish the topic: 

We set the payload with the CA Root public root credentials and the wifi settings and it worked, after all...

As pointed in another topic that I couldn't find now, Android 13 requires the Certificate to be used on Enterprise WPA2 networks. It also requires the domain as informed on the KB.

Previously the error was on the CA root certificate that we were using. After deleting and generating a new one, it worked just fine. 

Thanks for your valuable input gentlemen. We learned a lot while investigating this issue. (mostly newbies on Airwatch around here)

Always learning

View solution in original post

9 Replies
callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried the profiles under provisioning > components > profiles? I use that and a product to setup Wi-Fi for all my devices on Android 10, 11, 12, 13, and now 14. I don't have any issues. Might be worth a shot.

LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion Gibby. We tried, but only devices android 12 or lower correctly changed to the wifi we needed. 

Always learning
callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

mhmm... Have you tried manually adding the Wi-Fi to the device via the settings just confirm it works for Android 13 without WS1 for a sanity check?

You could also try using your first profile XML. On your original Wi-Fi profile, click the little white circle when viewing all profiles and then click XML. You can copy and paste that into a profile that I referred to earlier under custom settings. I've had to that before when having issues with chrome settings. 

LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tested, and it connects without issues manually.

I tried via Product to deploy the XML, but it doesn't works. Fails on Android 13, but it works on devices Android 12 and 11.

Always learning
0 Kudos
SEBGR44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bonjour

Le problème est lié au patch de sécurité Google de juin 2023, il faut en effet ajouter l information domaine.

ma console est trop vieille,  je suis passé par un xml en appliquant la fiche ,c est la bonne solution.

Je n'ai pas réussi du premier coup non plus car il faut dupliquer le profil ,enlever des informations  et mettre celle du domaine , mais c'est la bonne solution, pas besoin de faire un product

<characteristic uuid="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" type="com.airwatch.android.androidwork.wifi" target="1">
<parm name="SSID_STR" value="monwifi" />
<parm name="IsHidden" value="False" />
<parm name="MakeActive" value="True" />
<parm name="EncryptionType" value="EAP" />
<parm name="FactorAuthentication" value="1" />
<parm name="EAP" value="TLS" />
<parm name="Domain" value="mondomaine.fr" />
<parm name="Identity" value="identitewifi" />
<parm name="PayloadCertificateUUID" value="yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" />
<parm name="CAPayloadCertificateUUID" value="zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" />
</characteristic>

Cordialement

callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What type of devices are these? Samsung, Zebra? 

LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Devices are all Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+. model SM-X210.

Always learning
0 Kudos
LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just to finish the topic: 

We set the payload with the CA Root public root credentials and the wifi settings and it worked, after all...

As pointed in another topic that I couldn't find now, Android 13 requires the Certificate to be used on Enterprise WPA2 networks. It also requires the domain as informed on the KB.

Previously the error was on the CA root certificate that we were using. After deleting and generating a new one, it worked just fine. 

Thanks for your valuable input gentlemen. We learned a lot while investigating this issue. (mostly newbies on Airwatch around here)

Always learning
callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Glad to hear you got it fixed!