VMware Workspace ONE Community
CodyDirrigle
Contributor
Contributor

' break mdm requested' ?

Android devices, galaxy 8's on prem with W1 9.7.03

We are having the issue when devices get moved from one OG to another they will enterprise wipe for some reason, I was able to look at a device this was going on with and notice it's getting ' break mdm requested'  and ' break mdm confirmed'  from the server, what the heck is causing this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
cpatterson84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there, have you checked enrollment restrictions at those OG's. I had this happen because I didn't add the correct security groups to the list allowed to be enrolled in that OG. Worth a shot!
0 Kudos
CodyDirrigle
Contributor
Contributor

We don’t have security groups, we have issues with adding groups to awconsole, it can read ad with no issues but if I try to add groups we get an error and support has failed to help us, have VMware coming in site in two weeks so hoping to resolve but we have been working fine with this system for months and this just started with 9.7
0 Kudos
cpatterson84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you go to ' devices and users'  -> general -> enrollment -> restrictions tab ON the OG you're enrolling to, do you have any restrictions checked? There's a checkbox for ' known users' . I would check EACH OG you have in your organization to verify you don't have any restrictions. Typically when you do the device will unenroll within a few hours of enrollment.
0 Kudos
CodyDirrigle
Contributor
Contributor

no luck, we have that turned off for all OG's, we also have no policies applied
0 Kudos
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am seeing the same thing for a samsung s8 device. I have not found a solution. Have you had any luck since the last post on here?
0 Kudos
CodyDirrigle
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off with support and per normal they are zero help, I did find that besides checking the restrictions tab for the OG if you go under Users and edit the user having the issue there is also options to allow them to be in multiple groups and set the OG they should be put in when they enroll, set those on the one user we have seen the issue with the most and will see if they get wiped again.

Oddly we are also seeing this on s8 devices
0 Kudos