VMware Cloud Community
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic EE - Trial - Is it possible to change the binding IP from 0.0.0.0

Hi,

I have installed trial version of Hyperic Enterprise and changed the binding IP from 0.0.0.0 to an another IP in server-4.4.0.1-EE/bin/hq-server.sh. But if I do this Hyperic server does not start.

Please let me know if there is any way to change the binding.

Thanks a lot.

Rgds - Roy
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add --> I am using in-built db
0 Kudos
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting following exception if I change the IP

2010-10-15 10:33:34,934 INFO [main] [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer@127] deploy, ctxPath=/, warUrl=.../deploy/hq.ear/hq.war/
2010-10-15 10:33:36,537 ERROR [main] [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/]@3860] Exception sending context initialized event to
listener instance of class com.hyperic.hq.ui.Configurator
org.hyperic.hq.ui.exception.ServiceLocatorException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb/bizapp/ProductBoss
at org.hyperic.hq.ui.ServiceLocator.lookup(ServiceLocator.java:157)
at org.hyperic.hq.ui.ServiceLocator.getProductBoss(ServiceLocator.java:267)
at org.hyperic.hq.ui.util.ContextUtils.getProductBoss(ContextUtils.java:186)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb/bizapp/ProductBoss
at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:242)
at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:155)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
0 Kudos
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone please...
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

This type of change is untested and unsupported. I'm curious as to why you need to change the address?
0 Kudos
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had installed Hyperic EE on a Linux DEV box. DEV box has JBoss installed on it. Hyperic also uses JBoss internally. Now if I start Hyperic server, it gives binding excepion due to port conflict with JBoss ejb3 deployer

<mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
<depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
<attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873</attribute>

Though one option is to change the port for Hyperic. But doing this we have to record/remember that we are not using the default port. Which we don't wanted to do so.

Alternatively, I wanted to bind Hyperic server with specific IP instead of 0.0.0.0, so that I don't need to change port. But binding it to specific IP, I am getting the mentioned error.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Rgds - Roy
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

That configuration(JBoss + Hyperic on the same host) actually isn't supported with vFabric Hyperic<4.5. See the documentation at http://support.hyperic.com/display/hypcomm/JBoss

The good news is that as of 4.5 JBoss is no longer used internally and you should be able to run in this configuration. Although a dedicated host for vFabric Hyperic is strongly encouraged for best performance.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks wschlichter.

Best Regards - Roy
0 Kudos
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks wschlichter.

Best Regards - Roy