VMware Cloud Community
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Alarm definitions - what level wins?

If we have alarms defined at the virtual center level, then i went down and setup a new alarm at the resource group level which alarm is going to win here?

So say at the VC level the alarm says alert after high cpu for 60 mins, then at the resource group level i create a new alarm for alert after high cpu for 5 mins, which one of those is going to win and alert?

Thanks

Stew

Stew
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sabya1232003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The alarms that has been set at the resource pool level will be applied in this case.

If there is no settings defined at this level then only the vCenter level Alarms will be applicable and triggered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I believe it follows the permission model - an alram assigned at a particular level will take precedent over the alarms that are inherited.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
sabya1232003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The alarms that has been set at the resource pool level will be applied in this case.

If there is no settings defined at this level then only the vCenter level Alarms will be applicable and triggered.

0 Kudos
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cool, thanks for the confirmation guys Smiley Happy

Stew
0 Kudos