VMware Cloud Community
pcjones
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HELP! Allocting Resources to Virtual Centre VM

Hi there,

We have our Virtual centre running on a VM machine, i would like to allocate more RAM to this machine as we are using 512MB Ram Pageile on the C$..obviously not good. Currently the server has 512 but i plan on giving it 2GB unless anyone has any suggestions..

The problem that i have and require some help with is that if i power off the VM to add ram i cant use the Virtual Centre console to do the allocations...is there a way for me to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

After you shutdown the VC VM, you can start the VI client on your PC and instead of using the VC server IP or network name on the login screen you can enter the IP / hostname for the ESX host that runs the VC VM. You'll need to login with root or another account with adequate permissions on the host. You can then edit the VM as you would if you were connecting via VirtualCenter and when you're done you'll be able to start up the VC VM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

After you shutdown the VC VM, you can start the VI client on your PC and instead of using the VC server IP or network name on the login screen you can enter the IP / hostname for the ESX host that runs the VC VM. You'll need to login with root or another account with adequate permissions on the host. You can then edit the VM as you would if you were connecting via VirtualCenter and when you're done you'll be able to start up the VC VM.

0 Kudos