VMware Cloud Community
alpatio
Contributor
Contributor

Hostname does't match with VMware Directory service

Hi,

I'll have an issue with an VCSA 7.0.0 that it's already linked with other VC, and since we have refreshed Certificates it doesn't start all services and can't be managed. We already used "option 8" from certificate manager, and the fixsts.sh and lsdoctor scripts

But none of these options worked

After digging we found that this VCA seems that was renamed, but this apparently failed because when I checked the VMDir settings with this command

/opt/likewise/bin/lwregshell list_values '[HKEY_THIS_MACHINE\Services\vmdir]'

+ "dcAccount" REG_SZ "vmware-vcsa-srv2.our-domain.local"
+ "dcAccountDN" REG_SZ "cn=vmware-vcsa-srv2.our-domain.local,ou=Domain Controllers,dc=vsphere,dc=local"

the settings dcAccount, and dcAccountDN still had the OLD VCSA host name registered.

Current VCSA hostname is not what I have found under 'vmdir' 

I've already tried to cleanup old name with cmsso-util but it doesn't worked

How can I fix this ?

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mannharry
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

hello ,

Please give the output of the below command .

• /usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vmafd-cli get-pnid --server-name localhost
  • hostname -f

Regards

Harry

0 Kudos
alpatio
Contributor
Contributor

I already checked, and both names are the same.  And corresponds to the current hostname of the VCSA

0 Kudos
mannharry
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

what is the process , followed for renaming the vcsa

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello @alpatio,

You have mentioned at the end that you tried removing with cmsso-util, did you try that because you see on the other vCenter the error that it cannot be connected or for what reason? I am asking, because there are additional commands you could run.

I see you have tried many utilities to remediate this issue, however, based on my previous statement, have you tried to use vdcrepadmin to check the server how is it listed? https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2127057

0 Kudos
CharlesBowen
Contributor
Contributor

Have you resolved it? i am waiting for your reply If you are seeking for essay services online, you may visit

this site right here to read the evaluations of the sites that can help you finish your essay writing services.
0 Kudos
alpatio
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all comments and suggestions  that I've received here.

We opened a support case to VmWare, and it determined that our VCSA was corrupted. And the best option was perform a reinstallation of the VCSA

Regards