VMware Cloud Community
joboo12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to change default path of MS SQL Express during VCenter 2.5 Install?

Hello All,

I'm trying to change the default path of the SQL Express Install from Default System Drive(C:) to another partition(D:). There does not appear to be an option during the VCenter install to customize this. What would be the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The advanced option is available if you install SQL Express before you start the VC install. It's in the redist\sqlexpr32 folder. You would then need to manually create the database and login. Do you have SQL management tools installed on another PC?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't recall seeing an option to change the path when I installed it last week, but I wasn't looking that hard either. You could run the install manually and uncheck the "Hide Advanced configuration options" option. Then if you can't change the install folder you could at least create the database on the D drive.

0 Kudos
joboo12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hmm.. I ran the install and selcted the "Custom" path and don't recall seeing "Hide Advanced configuration options". Are you referring to the the manual install of SQL express?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The advanced option is available if you install SQL Express before you start the VC install. It's in the redist\sqlexpr32 folder. You would then need to manually create the database and login. Do you have SQL management tools installed on another PC?

0 Kudos