VMware Cloud Community
DinoNuhija
Contributor
Contributor

Installing windows customization resources/tools on Server 2008

When selecting customization while trying to clone a server I get a message that says "Windows customization resources were not found on the server". I've read some post on how to do this on a Windows 2003 server but I can't seem to figure out how this is done on a Windows 2008 server. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimPeluso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Under the options of your VM do you have the correct OS version specified under Guest Operating Systems? 2008 Doesn't need the sysprep files installed on the vCenter server.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
DinoNuhija
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out after I read your comment on windows server 2008 not needing sysprep. I initally tried to do it from my personal computer using the client and it didn't work. I realized that was the mistake I was making, so I just connected remotely to the 2008 server and I tried it from the server itself and it worked.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JimPeluso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Great I'm glad it worked!

Take care,

Jim

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos