VMware Cloud Community
M_26
Contributor
Contributor

Missing Pictures, what may have happened here (check screenshot) ?

Hi,

Well, I may have one of the most strange errors in my VirtualCenter 2.5. All was OK until I installed the Converter enterprise plugin, then I lost the "Getting Started" pictures if you highlight one ESX host and go to the Getting Started tab, you have the pictures there .. well in my case they are gone (check screenshot). I have tried to see where the pictures are but I can´t find them. This is presented from Tomcat webserver I assume. Does someone has a clue how to get those back, it just dont look so good .. only reason for it.

I tried to do a new installation of VirtualCenter, made a uninstall and a new installation. Got the pictures back and all was ok. Installed the plugin for Converter again and now the same thing happened.

Strange huh ?

Any suggestions are warmly welcome.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
shane_presley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Maze,

I had the same problem. It happened to me when I installed the Enterprise Converter plugin, and also another freeware plugin I found online (for an SSH tab).

I posted on the community here but never got a reply. I just installed the plugin, and use the stand-alone enterprise converter instead. My pictures came back. I assume it's a bug. If you have support, you could open a ticket with VMware.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

I get this every now and then, but moving to another tab and then back again usually takes care of it. It seems as though the connection to the webserver gets broken and comes back after a refresh.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
M_26
Contributor
Contributor

Ok strange thing indeed. It is not any critical or big issue, but it is sure an annoying problem.

I have not come cross with any solution, I looks all the same.

0 Kudos
Patrick_Miller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A quick work around is to just turn off all the "Getting Started" tabs.

You can do this by going to Edit -> Client Settings -> Remove all Tabs

M_26
Contributor
Contributor

That was a great suggestion Patrick. Temporary solved.

0 Kudos