VMware Cloud Community
is_nt_admins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Missing Real-Time and Historical Performance Data

One of my ESX 3.5 servers suddenly stopped displaying performance data for all but one of the VM's hosted there. Also on the Virtual Machines tab of the server only that one VM returns information.

Hosting a mix of Linux and Windows VM's.

Real-Time and historical charts all return "Performance data is currently unavailable". I would like to avoid rebooting the ESX host if anyone has any other ideas to try.

Virtual Center has been restarted with no effect.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have a patched 3.5 host (up-to-date on patches), you can restart the hostd daemon, service mgmt-vmware restart, and service vmware-vpxa restart to restart the vc agent, to see if this fixes your problem.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have a patched 3.5 host (up-to-date on patches), you can restart the hostd daemon, service mgmt-vmware restart, and service vmware-vpxa restart to restart the vc agent, to see if this fixes your problem.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When I have seen this it was caused by the VC and ESX synchronizing from different NTP sources - make sur eboth are synchronizing form the same NTP source -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
is_nt_admins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Um...what if it's not fully patched? Build 64607.

BTW - I get the same results bypassing VC and connecting directly to the host.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This has been a problem for a while -if your VC server and workstation receive time synch form the same source then you too would be out of synch from the ESX host - did you configure time synchronization on your ESX host?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
is_nt_admins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes - everybody synchs from the same source and seem to all be in synch.

Restarting the VM Management service on the ESX host resolved the problem (for now).

Thanks, all.

0 Kudos