VMware Cloud Community
jnorred
Contributor
Contributor

VC Update 1 to VC Update 2 issues

I upgraded my VC server to Update 2 this last weekend. I have discovered two problems...

1) My templates all un-registered (which kind of freaked me out at first). I had to manually browse the datastores and add them back in to my inventory.

2) I have to now disable HA for VUM to work properly. If I leave HA enabled, when VUM attempts to put my hosts in maintenance mode it just times out. I do have DRS enabled and set to fully automatic. I have no DRS rules configured.

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also at Update2 and just noticed this same problem with one of my clusters. However I have another cluster using the same VC that does work. Working cluster is 10 nodes. Non-working cluster is 2 nodes.

0 Kudos
Mark_Bradley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I recently saw this issue too with a two node cluster. Once I thought about it, I realised what is happening on a 2 node cluster. Update Manager puts the server into Maintenance Mode, by putting one server into Maintenance Mode the cluster cannot cope with the one node failure, as there is effectively only one available node. I did get Update Manager to work by disabling HA prior to remediating the server. I also ensure that HA still worked on the cluster by having both nodes enabled and hard powering off one of the servers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ Check out my blog at http://www.ridethevirt.blogspot.com
0 Kudos