VMware Cloud Community
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Virtual Center is showing "60 Day evaluation" even after installing the license file?

Does the 60 day message go away after adding the first host?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

go to the main toolbar from vCenterAdministrationVirtualCenter Management Server Configuration--License Server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mcneillr1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you assign the license to the Virtual center in the licensing Area?

0 Kudos
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I assigned the license in the license server. Where do I assign it VC?

0 Kudos
mcneillr1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Which version of Virtual Center are you using?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

go to the main toolbar from vCenterAdministrationVirtualCenter Management Server Configuration--License Server.

0 Kudos
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks once again Troy!

Points awarded

0 Kudos
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just one more qucik question....

When I went through the VC install I got to the option of either using an "EVAL" or existing Lic Server. I obviously had to use the Eval, because I didnt have the License Server installed at that time.

Is that by design? Why doesnt it install the License server first then VC?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if you have production .lic files, then you would choose the license server install, point the install to the .lic file and the installer would install the license server.... but as you said there is an option for both.

0 Kudos
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks.

So since I used the eval version during the VC install does this mean I have to reinstall or just adjust the setting in VC as you mentioned?

I did add the license file and "reread" the license file...

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if you did not install the license server, you will need to install that. It can be installed separately and can be found in the /vpx folder (Vmware-licenseserver.exe) of the vCenter .iso image.

You can check on your vCenter Server and if the license server was installed you will have a VMware License Server shortcut in the programs menu. Also, by looking into your services for the VMware License Server Service.

If you have the license server already installed you can just "reread" or restart your license server service.

0 Kudos