VMware Cloud Community
gabiu
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware LAB issues

Hii Guys,

I have a W7 on my Pc and I installed Vmware Workstation and I create 3 virtual machine ( W8/WindowsServer 2012/Ubuntu). On WS2012 I have AD/DHCP/DNS. I can not  add the Windows8 /Ubuntu to Active Directory, when I true to find the domain i receive the domain not found. On the virtual  network for the virtual machine I have Bridge connection added.

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
10 Replies
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Gabiu,

You need change the bridged connection. Create a new LAN segment with a name and add all three VMs to that LAN segment.

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
kashifkarar01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi ,

Create a Lansegment for one VM and then use the same lansegment for all the VMs whcih will act as one network for VMs within workstation. Also, make sure that the firewall with the W8/WindowsServer 2012/Ubuntu is disabled or configured to allow the communication.

pastedImage_0.png

gabiu
Contributor
Contributor

Hii,

To create a LAN in Windows Server 2012 or in any machine?

0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Create on any machine. Once you create, it will be visible on all VMs under LAN segment drop down. Just select it for other VMs too.

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
gabiu
Contributor
Contributor

Still can not add machine to AD:(

Firewall close on all machine.

ScreenHunter_03 Apr. 14 18.35.jpg

ScreenHunter_03 Apr. 14 18.43.jpgScreenHunter_04 Apr. 14 18.43.jpg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you confirm that the "DNS Server" entry for the two clients (Windows 8 and Ubuntu) point to the Windows 2012 DC's DNS server?From what you describe I assume it may just be name resolution issue.

André

kashifkarar01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi,

are you able to ping between your machine? Example: Client machine to the domain controller?

If yes, please try using the netbios name and check if the client can get added to domain.

In your case:   gabidomain

Regards,

Kashif.Karar

0 Kudos
gabiu
Contributor
Contributor

I can ping from Ws2012 to W8 and from W8 to Windows2012. Still not able to add Windows8 to gabidomain.local

From WindowsS2012 with AD

11.jpg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

According to the screenshots you didn't configure the TCP/IP settings!? The two VMs run on APIPA settings which may cause the issue.

I suggest you configure the two VMs with static IP settings and ensure that you use the server's IP-Address in the client's "DNS-Server" settings.

André

0 Kudos
gabiu
Contributor
Contributor

When I add W8 to gabi domain is requesting for user and password, i dont put a user and password. Where can I put this user in order to be able to add the W8 to domain.

Th for help

w8.jpg

server 2012.jpg

0 Kudos