VMware Cloud Community
wasmithorg
Contributor
Contributor

Web Client support for MacOS

Does anyone know when the vSphere Web Client will fully support MacOS?  In particular, when we can launch a VM console from within Firefox on MacOS?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ssbkang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere 5.5 allows you to launch a virtual machine console using the web client on MacOS.

0 Kudos
wasmithorg
Contributor
Contributor

Not according to the documentation:

vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

Under Firefox on Windows I see the add-on "Vmware Remote Console Plug-in 5.5.0.28537".

I don't see any way to install this on Firefox on MacOS.

0 Kudos
ITGuyChris
Contributor
Contributor

We just upgraded to vSphere 5.5 and the web console works in Safari 7.0.1, Chrome 32.0.1700.102 & Firefox 26.0 using MAC OSX 10.9.1. For Firefox, I checked under Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins and the VMware Remote Console Plug-in 5.5.0.41167 shows. I do remember the install for the plugin was near the bottom of the webpage on all browsers I listed above.

One slight problem I have yet to work around is the web console window does not auto adjust the resolution to fit the guest window like the vCenter standalone application did.

wasmithorg
Contributor
Contributor

This is good to know, but I still can't see how to add in the plug in.  The link at the bottom of the vcenter login screen doesn't show up any more.  Yet I only see the Client Integration plug in and not the remote console plug in.

Does anyone know a link that I can use to retrieve the plug in again?

0 Kudos
Swifthawk
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, working here too with OS X 10.9.2. Having the same problem that the web console window does not auto adjust the resolution to fit the guest window. did you find a solution for that?

0 Kudos
amahler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I bigger problem I'm seeing is that remote consoles on OS X in Safari and Chrome both won't pass control key combinations. CTRL-C, CTRL-D are all pretty critical on our Linux VMs.

I've seen this reported elsewhere, too. Possibly a WebKit issue.

0 Kudos