VMware Cloud Community
jnorred
Contributor
Contributor

vc 2.5 update 3 issue

After installing VC update 3 and restarting, the "VMWare VirtualCenter Server" service was unable to start because the "VMWare Converter Enterprise Service" started first and binding port 443.If I stop the Converter service, I can start the VirtuaCenter service and then the Converter service without any problems. I know I can manually set a service dependency but that seems like a hack. Anyone else have this problem?

Jason

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IB_IT
Expert
Expert

was converter updated as well, or are you still using previous version?

0 Kudos
jnorred
Contributor
Contributor

It was updated as well..

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Well Enterprise converter needs a little help, so you can install it separately. Uninstall the current version, then reboot then reinstall Enterprise Converter (obviously making sure it's the build as the VC U3 media) and see if that fixes it.

My enterprise converter didn't upgrade automatically and I got some error as well, but after I did a separate install everything was fine. We really don't use Enterprise Converter much, I like to use a stand alone machine and use the Converter separately, it seems to work much better all the around.

jnorred
Contributor
Contributor

I just came to the same conclusion... I uninstalled everything but the VirtualCenter Server, rebooted, and reinstalled and all seems well now.

Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos