VMware {code} Community
lizjohn
Contributor
Contributor

SSLHandshake exception while using vsphere sdk on vcenter 5.5

Hello

I am attempting to register an extension with vCenter server 5.5. In doing so I am starting to see SSL Handshake exception (com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ClientTransportException: HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake).

I have called appropriate method to trust all certificates etc. The same code works when I try to register the same extension on vCenter 5.1.

Appreciate any pointers..

Thanks

liz

0 Kudos
5 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, I can't think of any obvious reason why your code would fail with vCenter 5.5.   Has anyone else here tried the same extension registration code for vCenter 5.1 and 5.5?

0 Kudos
lizjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Laurent,

yes the same code works for vcenter 5.1.

We are trying to test with a different vcenter 5.5 to see if the problem persists.

liz

0 Kudos
lizjohn
Contributor
Contributor

yeah same problem with another vcenter 5.5

0 Kudos
lizjohn
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to register the same extension successfully when run from the vcenter itself. It is failing when I am attempting to register the extension onto the vcenter (5.5) remotely (from another server).

No firewall issues.

0 Kudos
niriwoing
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had almost similar problem and then added <cipherList>ALL</cipherList> to vpxd.cfg on vcenter server and it worked.

You can check vcenter 5.5 release notes here: https://www.vmware.com/support/vsphere5/doc/vsphere-esx-vcenter-server-55-release-notes.html and refer to "vSphere Client and vSphere PowerCLI might fail to connect to vCenter Server 5.5, with a handshake failure" section.