VMware Cloud Community
jhlee1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Login error when accessing ESXi 7.0u3 web page

After running the "service.sh restart" command, I encountered a "503 Unavailable" error when trying to access a web page on February 28th, which led me to upgrade from ESXi 6.5 to 7.0u3. This resolved the issue and allowed me to log in successfully on the same day. However, after two days, today, when I attempted to log in again, I received an error message stating "Incorrect username or password" and the authentication certificate icon displayed "Not Secure".

Can you please provide me with a solution and steps to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhlee1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

root is always locked - VMware Technology Network VMTN

-> I resolved the issue by using the shell script provided in the link to reset the root password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sam0054
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@jhlee1 

This 503 error may be due different factors:

• Some services have not loaded yet and are not running 
  • vCenter Server is on maintenance
  • vCenter server is still rebooting
  • vCenter Server is overloaded
  • Disk issues occurred on vCenter Server
  • There are issues with a database used by vCenter
  • Incorrect firewall settings (for vCenter installed on Windows) and network issue

Do consider these articles for further tips

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67818#:~:text=A%20503%20Service%20Unavailable%20error,unable%20to%20... 

https://www.nakivo.com/blog/503-service-unavailable-error-on-the-vsphere-web-client/

0 Kudos
jhlee1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I resolved the issue by upgrading from ESXi 6.5 to 7.0u3, which had previously caused a 503 error.

Is it possible that the error message "Some services have not loaded yet and are not running" could prevent me from logging in after upgrading from ESXi 6.5 to 7.0ue, as you mentioned? Could this error be caused by an invalid certificate rather than something else?

0 Kudos
jhlee1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
jhlee1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

root is always locked - VMware Technology Network VMTN

-> I resolved the issue by using the shell script provided in the link to reset the root password.

0 Kudos