VMware Cloud Community
crabanus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unmounted NFS-vVol-Datastore -> How to mount it again or get rid of it?

Hi there,

I configured with vSphere 6.0 and NetApp-Sim 8.3, NetApp VSC 6.0 and NetApp VASA 6.0 a vVol environment. I created an NFS-vVol-Datastore called "vvolnfs1". Then I tried to destroy the NFS-vVol-DS again via the context menu of the NetApp-VASA-.Provider-entry in the Web-Client:

150416-destroy-netapp-vvol.jpeg

Actually, this fails with a device busy error, because I hadn't deleted the hidden vSphere-HA-directory.

After that I tried to unmount the datastore with the "Unmount Datastore..."-entry - this worked, WOW! The vVol-DS disappeared from the Web-Client.

But  - when I tried to recreate it, I discovered that the vVol-DS was just hidden. I couldn't use the same name again. I have an unmounted vVol-Datastore and cannot get rid of it. In the esxi-console it appears, but without capacity (and I get an error with df -h):

[root@esxi-9:~] df -h

180556:VVOLLIB : VVolLibConvertSoapFault:1705: client.VvolLibDoRetryCheckAndUpdateError failed with a fault

180556:VVOLLIB : VVolLibConvertVvolStorageFault:1266: Storage Fault INVALID_ARGUMENT (9): Invalid container

Filesystem   Size   Used Available Use% Mounted on

[...]

vvol         0.0B   0.0B      0.0B   0% /vmfs/volumes/vvolnfs1

[...]

[root@esxi-9:~]

In esxli I can see the vVol, but marked as not accessible:

[root@esxi-9:~] esxcli storage vvol storagecontainer list

vvolnfs1

StorageContainer Name: vvolnfs1

UUID: vvol:35a62a5ffee3445d-8b85000000989874

Array: Unavailable

Size(MB): 0

Free(MB): 0

Accessible: false

Default Policy:

[...]

[root@esxi-9:~]

Can I "mount" this vVol-DS again? Or can I get rid of it? Just delete the appropriate FlexVol in the NetApp-Sim?

Any help appreciated!

Best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crabanus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi all, I found the answer to my question: I had to use the "standard" add-datastore procedure - there the missing NFS vvol-DS was appearing and I could readd it. Cheers, Christian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
crabanus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi all, I found the answer to my question: I had to use the "standard" add-datastore procedure - there the missing NFS vvol-DS was appearing and I could readd it. Cheers, Christian

0 Kudos