VMware Cloud Community
flash600
Contributor
Contributor

unable to upgrade Single Sign On (to 5.1.0a)

Hi all!

I've also a problem to upgrade SSO from ver. 1.0.0.2491 to 1.0.0.2945.

I got always the error "Fehler 2229. datenbank" (error 2229. database).

The language on the server (w2k8R2) is german. I've tried to install how describes the kb-article http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203797... but I got the same error.

Tried to set up the language-settings to en-us => error 2229;

tried to set up the language-settings to en-us and installed via VMware-SSO-Server.exe /S /v"/L*v \"%temp%\vim-sso-msi.log\" /qn" => error 2229.

I've  started the command in a cmd window with admin rights and after a reboot, I've also tried with stopped vcenter-server-service.

In the log i get:

Property(S): PackageCode = {C520B75A-8D92-48DF-A0C7-CF375609E39B}

MSI (s) (D4:14) [11:54:19:042]: Note: 1: 1728
MSI (s) (D4:14) [11:54:19:044]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (D4:14) [11:54:19:048]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (D4:14) [11:54:19:050]: Produkt: vCenter Single Sign On -- Die Konfiguration wurde abgeschlossen.

MSI  (s) (D4:14) [11:54:19:050]: Windows Installer reconfigured the product.  Product Name: vCenter Single Sign On. Product Version: 1.0.0.2945.  Product Language: 1031. Manufacturer: VMware, Inc.. Reconfiguration  success or error status: 0.

but in the "Programs and features" I see VMware Single Sign On Version 1.0.0.2491.

frustrated....

need we really sso????

0 Kudos
8 Replies
spravtek
Expert
Expert

Hi flash ... Glad to see you started a new thread ... Hope someone might have a solution ...

Question, did you try and run the upgrade via the normal way after running the silent install from the KB, did it give the same issue, or is that the what the screenshot is from?

0 Kudos
flash600
Contributor
Contributor

the screenshot is when i run over the normal way, or when i run with /qr:

VMware-SSO-Server.exe /S /v"/L*v \"%temp%\vim-sso-msi.log\" /qr"

0 Kudos
spravtek
Expert
Expert

I'm wondering if installing a language pack would help??

If not, the only other solution I can think of, is installing SSO on a separate server with an English interface ... And repoint the vcenter/sso

0 Kudos
flash600
Contributor
Contributor

hm...

another question:

if I want upgrade the vCenter Server to 5.1a, do I need also upgrade sso to ver. 1.0.0.2945?

0 Kudos
spravtek
Expert
Expert

It might work ... But then again, might give a whole lot of other issues later on ... Maybe you could test it for us Smiley Wink

I haven't seen or heard anyone testing this ... So can't really answer the question, maybe someone can though ...

0 Kudos
MWinkenbach
Contributor
Contributor

Hi flash600,

i have the same problem like you, did you find a workaround for the problem?

Maybe you can give me a hint how you solved it.

Greetings,

Michael

0 Kudos
flash600
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michael,

at the moment I've done nothing. I'll first create an image of the server and than I think, I try to reinstall the complete vCenter Server installation, but at the moment I dont have the time....

When I've done this, I'lll post what is succceded 😉

0 Kudos
flash600
Contributor
Contributor

Good news 🙂

I've contacted vmware support, and we have resolved the problem:

we installed sso with command line option, we checked the log file, and there was no error.

So we go on with the installation of inventory service, web client and vcenter server. We had only a problem with the vcenter server installation, but I think, this was becuse not all services was startet. So we must reinstall vcenter server, now is running all!

I had a second upgrade to do => Same sit., I've installed sso with cli, then I've looked, if all services was started (had to start 2 or 3 services), then I installed the rest without a problem 🙂

The only strange thing is, that the "programs and features" is still showing the old version of sso...

PS:sorry for my bad english...

0 Kudos