VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Blaster Extreme - Not working from inside another view desktop

Hi - we just upgraded to Horizon 7.2 from 6.2.  For several reasons we log into other virtual desktops from our View desktops using Blaster. ( helpdesk - and also some users log into dedicated floating pool desktops dedicated to a troublesome application that 'needs to be alone' ).

This is no longer working for us after upgrading to 7.2.  Also blaster used to work from our chromebooks in 6.2.. doesn't seem to work anymore ( at least with preliminary testing ) on 7.2

We are getting the error "Failed to Connect to the Connection Server"

Blaster Extreme works 100% great from just a browser on a physical machine.

is this now 'working as intended" ?..

thanks !

Tags (2)
2 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I haven't upgraded to 7.2 yet (currently 7.1) but there is no reason I'm aware of that it should not work. The really curious item is if you are already logged into a View desktop, you should have no network connection issues to the connection server. For it to then work normally on a physical desktop, make me think that there is a network/DNS piece to this puzzle.

To troubleshoot the issue though would require more understanding of your Horizon View network setup and also review the Connection Server logs. I would recommend reviewing the connection server configuration in the Horizon View Administrator to ensure the Blast Gateway has the proper hostname/port.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok.. Vmware tech helped me with this. 

needed to add checkOrigin=false

had to create a file called 'locked.properties' located in c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\sslgateway\conf and put checkOrigin=false in the file.

I added this to ALL my connection servers.. 2 connection 1 security.

It did not work until i rebooted them ALL.

I had rebooted 2 and it wasnt working.. so i also had read in someones docs to add it to settings.properties.. thus i added it to both.. and dont really know which worked... adding it to One of the two did it Smiley Happy..

- thx