VMware Horizon Community
moogeboo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Change View ESXi hosts and Vcenter Ip addresses

Hi,

Because of our re-zoning, we need to change the IP addresses of all of our View ESXi hosts, as well as our View vCenter server.  Is this even possible without corrupting the ADAM DB that View uses?

Thank you

Mooge

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If your ESX hosts are added to vCenter by hostname and your vCenter is added to View by hostname you should be able to make this change without impacting View.

If your vCenter is added by IP then you will run into issues.

If your ESX hosts are added by IP then you can use maintenance mode to migrate all VMs off each host, remove it from inventory and then add it back to the cluster using the new IP or hostname. View should have no issues with this as we don't reference the hosts by their hostname in any kind of static way.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If your ESX hosts are added to vCenter by hostname and your vCenter is added to View by hostname you should be able to make this change without impacting View.

If your vCenter is added by IP then you will run into issues.

If your ESX hosts are added by IP then you can use maintenance mode to migrate all VMs off each host, remove it from inventory and then add it back to the cluster using the new IP or hostname. View should have no issues with this as we don't reference the hosts by their hostname in any kind of static way.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
moogeboo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your email. I will be out of the office in conference from 8/27 through 8/31. If you need urgent assistance, you can call me at 4085900230; Otherwise I will return your email as soon as i can.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Kudos