VMware Horizon Community
mreuter
Contributor
Contributor

Redirect MTP-Devices to VMware Horizon

Hi There,

first: Sorry for my bad english Smiley Wink

We have a little Issue in Horizon 6.2.

When I redirect any MTP-Device such as Android Smartphones, digital cameras, etc. the virtual Desktop won't be install the windows default MTP-Driver for this Device - There is no Difference when I use a Linux-Client, Windows-Client or a PCoIP Zero Client.

When I connect the Device to the same virtual Machine through a vSphere USB-Controller over the vSphere Client the Windows Default MTP-Driver will be installed and used and the device is accessible.

In the hardware-properties of the Device-Manager I only see one difference in the compatible Hardware IDs, it seems to be that the ID "USB\MS_COMP_MTP" is not redirected by the Horizon Client.

Here a screenshot of the the properties page when i redirect the Device through VMware Horizon Client:

usb_vdi.png

And here a Screenshot of the the properties page when i redirect the Device through vSphere Client:

usb_vsphere.png

Had anyone the same issue and a resolution for that?

I allready opened a support Ticket, but maybe here is someone who had the same Problem.

--

Agent: Win7 x64 with latest patches

View-Client Version: 4.4.0 on Windows 7 x64 with latest patches

ESX-Version: 6.0 with latest patches

--

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zdenek1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have same issue. Horizon View 7.11. Do you have any reaction from VMware trouble ticket ? Did you solve somehow this issue  ? Thank you very much for reply.

Zdeněk.

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

If you plan to attach USB devices that use MTP drivers, such as Android-based Samsung smart phones and tablets, configure Horizon Client so that it automatically connects USB devices to your remote desktop. Otherwise, if you try to manually redirect the USB device by using a menu item, the device is not redirected unless you unplug the device and then plug it in again.

/Jon

0 Kudos