VMware Cloud Community
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Question about VMware Foundation Acceleration Kit

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I dont often get asked about licensing stuff. Ive looked at the licensing PDF and below shows the paragraph which confuses me a little bit. Does the Foundation Acceleration Kit only allow you to run ESXi ?

Ive got 2 sites that I need to setup, one having 1 x VC server. 2x esx hosts with 2x cpus each and another site running another copy of VC, 1 x ESX host with 2 x CPus.

Which would be the best option ?

+

VMware Infrastructure 3 Foundation Acceleration Kit

+

includes three licenses of VMware Infrastructure 3 Foundation.

These include VMware ESXi, VMware Consolidated Backup,

VMware Update Manager, VMware Virtual SMP, VMware

VirtualCenter Agent and VMware VMFS. They also include

VMware VirtualCenter Foundation Server, which provides

VMware Guided Consolidation and the ability to manage up to

three VMware Infrastructure 3 server hosts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No it allows you to run ESX or ESXi - the one thing you will need is another VC server license since the acceleration kit only comes with a single VM Foundation License -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No it allows you to run ESX or ESXi - the one thing you will need is another VC server license since the acceleration kit only comes with a single VM Foundation License -

0 Kudos
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The quote i Have shows "(Includes Virtual Center Foundation, VI Foundation for 6CPU's)" so im pretty sure VC server is included.

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It does include licensing for instance of the vCeneter Management Server - you are talking about running two instances of VC which will require you to purchase a second license -

0 Kudos