VMware Communities
SCPhil
Contributor
Contributor

Does Paint Shop Pro X2 work with Fusion 1.1.1? aka, Directx 9 functionality?

I see that Paint Shop Pro x2 requires directx 9.0c. As Fusion is "experimental" with 9, before purchasing this product I was wondering if any of my fellow Fusionites have tried this with success (or failure, as the case may be)?

What is the collective experience with 9? Should we avoid or use?

SC

BTW -- I see lots of input (comments, usability, etc.) about games, but little (if any) about work related items. Does that mean we are more interested in play that work? How can that be?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HobbitFootAussi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If it requires 9c, then it won't work. Fusion's support is for DirectX 9 - without a, b, or c.

SCPhil
Contributor
Contributor

Bah!

My customer has just started using X2. (I have used a MUCH older version). I went to purchase and saw the 9c.

Yikes.

I hate using just boot camp.

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

BTW -- I see lots of input (comments, usability, etc.) about games, but little (if any) about work related items. Does that mean we are more interested in play that work? How can that be?

Two possible reasons I can think of - the first is that the target market is consumers, who may be more interested in games than in productivity apps. The second is that most apps which require 3D support, especially DirectX, are games.

0 Kudos