VMware Communities
Tony20121993
Contributor
Contributor

PC-guest game error "your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets"

I download the free to play games Tribes Acend on my virtual windows 7 machine with VMware Fusion 4 on my Host Mac (My Mac is a 27" mid 2011 w/ 3.1 ghz intel core i5,12gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048mb graphics card, on os x Lion)   i download all the patches but when i press play the pop up alert says "Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), which is required to run this game. Exiting..."   Does anybody know how to fix this? please keep it simple, i consider myself to be tech savvy but I am a complete windows noob. thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mydearcosmo
Contributor
Contributor

I would want to know what is the exact game you were playing when this problem happened.

0 Kudos
Tony20121993
Contributor
Contributor

I was playing "Tribes Ascend"  i mentioned it in my first line actually. lol  But it shows up before any game i download like on steam i tried  to play Monday Night Combat and APB Reloaded but that message kept showing up.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Have you installed the latest VMWare Tools in the guest?

0 Kudos