VMware Cloud Community
slavonac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Deploy OVF template

HI

I am trying to deploy ovf template for vSphere replication appliance and after few days it will not deploy. I did this many times however now it will not do it

Failed to deploy OVF package. ThrowableProxy.cause A general system error occurred: Transfer failed: The OVF descriptor is not available.

vCenter
  • Version:7.0.3
  • Build:21477706

I tried different replication appliances but this error always come back some people say just change browser but it didnt work that simple

When I log into vCenter i log using FQDN but this doesnt help

On the same server i deployed Orchestrator appliance and this worked good not sure what is the catch with replication appliance 8.7 8.5 none of them will install

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check if your FQDN is resolving through your DNS. Also check if Certifcate contains FQDN as Certificate Subject Alternative Name.

Regards,

Sachchidanand

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
bdgregg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding this here in case this helps someone else.

In our vCenter 7.0u3 instance we ended up using a "Content Library" to upload the OVA/OVF to first.  Once that was done we could then use this to deploy the OVA/OVF as a VM using Actions -> "New VM from this Template...".  It prompted for all the parameters we expected and it deployed the VM as needed.  All of our other attempts using older methods to deploy an OVA/OVF from earlier verions failed for us. 

Chears,

Brian.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This error is mostly due to certificate that browser doesn't trust. Check if your root certificate is in the trust store.

Also check if the following KB helps to solve this issue:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2147256

Regards,

Sachchidanand

slavonac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried this before but all it does it gives me bunch or something that is between Japanese and Chinese characters but no file to download the certificate any other way to install that certificate

0 Kudos
slavonac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got certificate installed but it is the same thing i choose these files

I have deployed many appliances but looks like replication appliance needs additional steps i am just not sure what these steps are

0 Kudos
kastlr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

maybe the following will do the trick.

Instead of deploying the OVF via the vCenter directly connect to one of your ESXi Nodes and rerun the deployment from here. 

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)
0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I was able to deploy it ; so something done wrong here. 

Used below versions: 

vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3k 7.0.3.01300 2023-02-23 21290409 ( MY VC in lab)
VMware-vSphere_Replication-8.7.0-21999688

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vSphere-Replication/8.7/com.vmware.vsphere.replication-admin.doc/GUID-E65...
https://virtualg.uk/how-to-deploy-configure-vmware-vsphere-replication-8-7/

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
degvm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, 

you have to add an exeption for the domainsuffix of your hosts in /etc/sysconfig/proxy.

Your hosts fqdn  myesx01.mycompany.dom  you should add .*.mycompany.dom 

NO_PROXY="localhost, 127.0.0.1, myesx01.mycompany.cdom"

or
NO_PROXY="localhost, 127.0.0.1, .*.mycompany.cdom"

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81565

0 Kudos
slavonac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

when i logged in with DNS name of vcenter it didnt work when I log in as IP address then everything was working fine

I guess DNS was not set properly

Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check if your FQDN is resolving through your DNS. Also check if Certifcate contains FQDN as Certificate Subject Alternative Name.

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you check that the OVF file downloaded is OK, does it match the checksum supplied?
0 Kudos
JoyYu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for sharing.  The IP worked for me too! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JoyYu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@slavonac Thank you!!

0 Kudos
bdgregg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding this here in case this helps someone else.

In our vCenter 7.0u3 instance we ended up using a "Content Library" to upload the OVA/OVF to first.  Once that was done we could then use this to deploy the OVA/OVF as a VM using Actions -> "New VM from this Template...".  It prompted for all the parameters we expected and it deployed the VM as needed.  All of our other attempts using older methods to deploy an OVA/OVF from earlier verions failed for us. 

Chears,

Brian.

0 Kudos