VMware Cloud Community
koolsudipnandy
Contributor
Contributor

unable to login vcenter server

Unable to login vcenter server with any credentials i.e. local administrator or domain user. Please find the snapshot attached. Please help to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
EricChigoz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Kool..,

Can you log on via ssh?

Find this helpful? Please award points. Thank you !
0 Kudos
koolsudipnandy
Contributor
Contributor

This problem came after i changed nic port of my server as original port was having some driver problem.

I never tried to login through ssh. What is the procedure?

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

vCenter is on a Windows Machine? Can you reboot the SSO service and see if it solves?

Also, if you made changes for the machine where vCenter it is, if you know on what ESXi host it is, you can log on that ESXi from vSphere client and roll back the change.

0 Kudos
koolsudipnandy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes vcenter server is windows 2012 r2. How to reboot sso service ? Please guide

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

What changes did you made to the port?

Can you check if the VMware services are running on the vCenter machine?

Open Services on the machine and look for these:

VMware Secure Token Service
VMware Identity Management Service
VMware Certificate Service
VMware KDC Service
VMware Directory Service

See if it helps restarting them

0 Kudos
koolsudipnandy
Contributor
Contributor

I changed Lan cable from port 1 to port 4 on the server as port1 i.e. eth0 was not working due to  driver adapter problem. I have 4 Lan ports and a management port in my server. After i changed the port and reconfigured the ip address on port 4, my physical server is working fine. Kindly note that my vcenter server is also installed here. But as soon as i changed Lan port , i got the vcenter login problem.

As per your query, Yes all the services you have listed is running.

Please suggest....

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Can you try the following and post the answers here

1. Use Administrator@Vsphere.local credentials and check if it works

2. Use webclient https://<vcener fqdn>:9443 and try with local and domain credentials , post the result

3. If step2 doesnt work, login to webclient (Same URL given in step2) using SSO admin user account i.e. administrator@vsphere.local, in the left panel you will see Administration , click that and goto Single Sign ON under that click on Configuration then in the right panel select identity sources , take a screenshot of the page and post it here.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos