VMware Cloud Community
cffit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update Manager 4 will not scan or remediate Windows 2008 R2 server

I just setup a Windows 2008 R2 Server, and Update Manager will not scan it. It just says "Failed to scan or remediate SERVERNAME because of unsupported or unknown OS". I can scan and remediate my plain Windows 2008 Servers fine. Is R2 still not supported?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

I don't recall R2 being in the list of supported OSes, I believe that is also the case for VUM 4.0u1 or VUM 4.0u1.1

You'll probably want to check the release notes to be sure, though if the error message is saying it's not supported, probably isn't supported.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

I don't recall R2 being in the list of supported OSes, I believe that is also the case for VUM 4.0u1 or VUM 4.0u1.1

You'll probably want to check the release notes to be sure, though if the error message is saying it's not supported, probably isn't supported.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
cffit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I didn't see it listed in the release notes, which seems to reflect pretty poorly on VMWare in my opinion. I would hope that they'd be able to support an OS by the time it has been released.

0 Kudos