VMware Workspace ONE Community
jcnvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Gmail Exchange client stopped working

My Airwatch Mail profile has stopped working.
The profile contains an Exchange ActiveSync setup, configured with my Exchange server host name.
When I start the Gmail app inside the Work profile on a mobile phone (Android 9.0), a message says: ' There is no connection to the server' .
But if I switch to ' Personal'  mode on the same phone, I am able to create the same Gmail Exchange account without any problems?
The setup has stoppede working for some reason.
Maybe an Airwatch security update has created this problem??
/Jens
Labels (1)
26 Replies
PhillipMcElroy
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like the Intelligent Hub App on Android (V20.01) fixed this issue. We've successfully test multiple situations that were showing the same error/symptoms.

0 Kudos
PhillipMcElroy
Contributor
Contributor

Can confirm that this was fixed with the newest Agent (Intelligent Hub v20.01)

0 Kudos
MikeFawcett
Contributor
Contributor

Are you pushing out the settings using Profiles?  In Workspace One, going to Devices > Profiles and Resources > Proviles and creating an Exchange Active Sync profile?

0 Kudos
PhillipMcElroy
Contributor
Contributor

Correct, we push an Exchange Active Sync Profile to GMail.

0 Kudos
tsmithcoc
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone figure out a solution to this? Did AW support respond?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
MikeFawcett
Contributor
Contributor

I am still working on this with airwatch support.

Even though I have the updated hub and gmail app.

Last thing I have done a few days ago was send them hub and system logs off the phone.  Guess we will see what happens next.

Very frustrating.  As for now I am manually adding the exchange accounts which works.  They dont get removed when manually added.

It something to do with airwatch/workspace

Fexception
Contributor
Contributor

About a month or two VMware they submitted a bug report to their devs regarding this issue and the bug report number is CMEM-185542. I asked if they would have this fixed by the next environment update and I only got a "maybe". It certainly wasn't in the known bugs list during the last update.

0 Kudos